CALL FOR ART: 2013 ART HOP
Call for art entries
Georgetown Art Works invites Texas Artists to submit for the 2013 Art Hop competition
- 2D – includes painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite pastel printmaking, etc…
- 3D – ceramics, glass, wood and sculpture
- Photography – any photographic medium
- Printmaking – only original prints are eligible
- Film – shorts up to 10 minutes in length – narrative, documentary, animation, etc..
The prize purse totals $5,500 with Best in Show awarded $1,000 in cash and a $250 gift certificate from Ampersand.
Individual Category Prizes:
- First Place – $500
- Second Place – $250
- Third Place – $100
2013 Art Hop Judges:
- 2D: Lisa Russell, Russell Collection Fine Art Gallery
- 3D: Mary Visser, Professor of Art – Southwestern
- Photography: Tina Weitz, Photographer
- Printmaking: Sandra C. Fernández, Assistant Professor at the University in Texas, Austin
- Film: Julia Halpherin, Filmmaker
entries are due by august 15, 2013
2013 Art Hop Calendar
- August 15: Entries are due. All mailed in entries must be received by this date.
- August 22: Art Hop Participants will be announced
- August 30: Shipped participant artwork is due
- August 31: Hand delivered participant artwork is due at Georgetown Public Library. 10AM to 3 PM.
- September 6: 2013 Art Hop Exhibit begins
- September 7: Artist Reception & Awards Ceremony, Georgetown Public Library – 2 to 4 PM
- September 28: 2013 Art Hop Exhibit closes
- September 29: Artwork pick up at the Georgetown Public Library
- October 3: Returned mailing of shipped artwork begins.
Submission Requirements & Procedures
Artist Eligibility: All artists residing in Texas and 18 years or older are eligible
- 2D, 3D, Photography and Printmaking – maximum of 5 pieces can be entered per artist
- $35 – up to three pieces of artwork
- $50 – four or five pieces of artwork
- Film – maximum of 2 submissions
- $35 – one film submission
- $50 – two film submissions
Artwork Eligibility Specifications:
- All art submissions must have been completed between January 1, 2012 and August 15, 2013
- Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art.
- Artists must own the copyright of artwork submitted.
- Only original art will be accepted. Accepted artwork must be available for the 2013 Art Hop exhibit.
- It must be delivered by August 31, 2013 and picked up September 29, 2013 at Georgetown Public Library.
- 2D, Photography, Printmaking, Wall Pieces – artwork should be no larger than 150 united inches (length + height). If the artwork is framed, the frame must be included in the measurement. Each piece must be properly wrapped if shipped and ready to hang with suitable wire. No saw tooth hangers or string, please. Artwork must have a professional presentation.
- 3D, Ceramics, Glass, Wood and Sculptures – 3D floor pieces may not exceed 5ft in any direction. Assembled work may not exceed 50 lbs in weight.
Film Shorts Eligibility Specifications:
- The length of all submissions must be 10 minutes or less, including credits.
- All films must be in English or subtitles in English.
- Dialogue lists are not accepted.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the competition and to use all music, images and content in entry.
- Films that are mailed, must be submitted on DVD.
- All films must have been completed between January 1, 2012 and August 15, 2013
How to Submit Your Artwork Entries
Artwork Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats
- Images must accurately represent the original art
- JPEG (.jpg) files only
- Each file must be less than 1200 pixels on the longest side
- The file size can not exceed 10 MB
Our Preference: Online
- Upload your artwork online by August 15, 2013
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
- Mail-in entries must be received by August 15, 2013
- Entries must be submitted on a CD or DVD
- Each disc must be properly labeled with your full name, email and telephone number, in case we need to contact you with any questions
- Each image must be named with the artist’s last name and title (artistname_title.jpg)
- Film submission must on a DVD, no Blue Ray discs.
- Payments by check or money order must be included in submission
- Make checks payable to: Georgetown Art Works
- Include a completed entry form
- Please note: any discs or other materials submitted will not be returned
Mail to:Georgetown Art Works 2013 Art Hop Competition 1102 S. Austin Ave. Suite 110-118 Georgetown, Texas 78626
Terms of Entry for Entrants:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration.
- I accept that the entry fee is non-refundable.
- If selected as an 2013 Art Hop participant and/or award winner
- I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition during the specified dates of the 2013 Art Hop
- I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to display my work and website link on the Georgetown Art Works website
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent
- Should an entry of mine sell during the 2013 Art Hop exhibition; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by the business exhibiting my artwork and transacting the sale of my art work.